Thursday, October 2nd
Breakfast at Roberto's (we tried hopias today) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopia
Signature tour/tasting at Robert Mondavi's estate.
http://www.robertmondaviwinery.com/
Breakfast at Roberto's (we tried hopias today) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopia
Signature tour/tasting at Robert Mondavi's estate.
http://www.robertmondaviwinery.com/
Barrel fermentation room
Barrel aging room
The tour was running behind so we missed the bottling part of the tour.
Lunch at Rutherford Grill
Prior to the tour, Karl and I play petanque. It is a game similar to bocce but you throw the ball instead of roll it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A9tanque
Upon arrival we saw our names on the Welcome board.
Doug and I ended up joining the Divine wine club.
It sends only one bottle every quarter from their limited edition library wines.
Doug and I ended up joining the Divine wine club.
It sends only one bottle every quarter from their limited edition library wines.
The end of the day was spent at Honig where Doug and I are also members, so the tasting was complimentary. They have an awesome sauvignon blanc! http://www.honigwine.com/
Group photo!
We went back to the hotel for a 3 hour rest period as we did not have
dinner reservations until 7:30pm at Mustard's Grill.
This restaurant turned out to be the biggest food disappointment of the week.
dinner reservations until 7:30pm at Mustard's Grill.
This restaurant turned out to be the biggest food disappointment of the week.
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment