Friday, October 10
Jill and I attended the Texas State Fair http://bigtex.com/
Jill and I attended the Texas State Fair http://bigtex.com/
The State Fair of Texas has a rich history. The organization that produces the fair today can trace its origins back to January 30, 1886 when a group of Dallas businessmen formed the Dallas State Fair and Exposition. The State Fair of Texas is located just two miles east of downtown Dallas in historic Fair Park.
We checked out all the buildings and most of the animal exhibits.
I snagged a few Christmas presents for Doug.
We did not go anywhere near the midway!!
We did not go anywhere near the midway!!
For lunch we shared a small "Grande nachos". Note the chips are all in the shape of Texas.
A visit at the State Fair is not complete without stopping to say
"Howdy" to Big Tex.
"Howdy" to Big Tex.
We ended the day with over 15,000 steps.
Our reward was: 2 bags of cotton candy, an assortment of fresh taffy
and a funnel cake.
We didn't finish the funnel cake.
We each took a bag of cotton candy and I still have half of mine left.
We shared the box of taffy and my portion is sitting in a bowl on the counter.
Our reward was: 2 bags of cotton candy, an assortment of fresh taffy
and a funnel cake.
We didn't finish the funnel cake.
We each took a bag of cotton candy and I still have half of mine left.
We shared the box of taffy and my portion is sitting in a bowl on the counter.





No comments:
Post a Comment