The earth has been moving under our feet lately. Eight earthquakes occured on Tuesday and four earthquakes occurred on Wednesday for a total of 12 in the last two days.
The U.S. Geological Survey confirmed there was a 3.5-magnitude earthquake in Irving at 3:10 p.m. Tuesday. The tremor originated at a depth of 3.2 miles from just before the Highways 183 and 114 split, near the old Texas Stadium site. This is the 16th earthquake to be recorded in Irving since November 1, 2014, and it is also the strongest.
The first one of the 12 in the last two days was 3.5 centered in Irving near Doug's place of employment (Irving, TX.) So when he got home that night I asked him if he felt it. He said " Your {explentative}right I felt it" He said if sounded like a sonic boom and then the building shook for a while. He was in the process of teaching a class and they were all like "What was that?" and Doug said "I think it was an earthquake!" Lo and behold we don't even have to travel to Napa any more to experience this phenomenon.

No comments:
Post a Comment